Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 27   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 234 users
29.11.2012 - 16:40
Battle for Middle Earth

This is a map of the Middle Earth from The Lord of The Rings book and film trilogy. I used many different lore-friendly sources for countries, cities and units. Most mountain chains are impassable but there are a few mountain passes.

Soon I will start making scenarios set in different periods of Middle Earth's history.

Units

There are a lot of rare units so I suggest setting rare unit chance to high. Here are just a few of them.

I hope you'll have fun playing this map.

Map artwork credits go to The Lord of The Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II artists.
----
"Not all those who wander are lost."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
लदान...
लदान...
29.11.2012 - 16:49
AlexMeza
खाता खाते को नष्ट कर दिया है।
You boosted the ranges for infantries and tanks. Why don't you add +1 range to marines too?
लदान...
लदान...
29.11.2012 - 17:08
लिखा द्वारा Guest, 29.11.2012 at 16:49

You boosted the ranges for infantries and tanks. Why don't you add +1 range to marines too?

Looks like I missed that. It's fixed now.
----
लदान...
लदान...
29.11.2012 - 17:10
Looks like a very good map

gonna have to play it !
----

लदान...
लदान...
29.11.2012 - 18:10
 Utah
This guy man this guy
----
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
लदान...
लदान...
29.11.2012 - 20:47
Outstanding map as always, Talos. The mountain ranges are a nice touch to make the map interesting. Really quite amazing, everything you're churning out. I'll have to play this at some point.

By the way, you spelled 'cavalry' wrong. Just saying.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
लदान...
लदान...
30.11.2012 - 01:50
लिखा द्वारा Mathdino, 29.11.2012 at 20:47

Outstanding map as always, Talos. The mountain ranges are a nice touch to make the map interesting. Really quite amazing, everything you're churning out. I'll have to play this at some point.

By the way, you spelled 'cavalry' wrong. Just saying.

Damn spelling
Thx for pointing it out.
----
लदान...
लदान...
30.11.2012 - 04:24
 Amok (प्रशासन)
Looks awesome! It's about time someone made a proper Middle Earth map
लदान...
लदान...
30.11.2012 - 07:15
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
Yay, been waiting for a decent ME map, looks really good! Remember that you can use settings to restrict the building of certain units to certain factions only.
लदान...
लदान...
30.11.2012 - 19:43
लिखा द्वारा Ivan, 30.11.2012 at 07:15

Yay, been waiting for a decent ME map, looks really good! Remember that you can use settings to restrict the building of certain units to certain factions only.

Thx

I know about restricting cartain units to certain faction, but I will keep these standard units for the map in order to achieve better balance. I've started making a scenario and there every faction will have it's own units.
----
लदान...
लदान...
01.12.2012 - 08:03
Played and liked it a lot. Can't wait for the scenario!
लदान...
लदान...
03.12.2012 - 15:21
This is just amazing.
I have to say this:
I played one time with Mordor and it was one the best experiences of this game in custom maps, your expansion is slow and practically impossible if you have players close, but if you have patience (Mordor united and with protections) you can hold an invasion long time.
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
लदान...
लदान...
03.12.2012 - 16:40
This is actually a pretty terrible map...

it completely disregards the fact that east/west osgiliath + cair andros + Pelargir were the only way to cross the Anduin River

also, there needs to better units, like mordor should have more far reinforcements but lower quality units

also income balancing is horrendous, i took the entire map and had 21k income or something crazy. that was after auto producing GW rangers for like 4 reinforcement phases.
लदान...
लदान...
04.12.2012 - 11:24
लिखा द्वारा nonames, 03.12.2012 at 16:40

This is actually a pretty terrible map...

it completely disregards the fact that east/west osgiliath + cair andros + Pelargir were the only way to cross the Anduin River

also, there needs to better units, like mordor should have more far reinforcements but lower quality units

also income balancing is horrendous, i took the entire map and had 21k income or something crazy. that was after auto producing GW rangers for like 4 reinforcement phases.

First of all I agree about the Anduin crossings but the map I used as a background had Anduin drawn as a narrow river. It had to ba at least 4x wider for borders to work properly (wide like near Pelegir). I tried to make Anduin a no-go area but the red colored area was aesthetically unpleasant so I decide to leave it like that.

About the units, this is a map not a scenario and everyone should have the same units.

If more people complain about income i'll fix it.
----
लदान...
लदान...
04.12.2012 - 11:35
 Amok (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा Talos, 04.12.2012 at 11:24

I tried to make Anduin a no-go area but the red colored area was aesthetically unpleasant so I decide to leave it like that.

Just a small tip: no-go areas are only highlighted red in the editor, you won't see that in the actual game.
Keep up the good work, you maps are awesome!
लदान...
लदान...
04.12.2012 - 12:18
लिखा द्वारा Amok, 04.12.2012 at 11:35

Just a small tip: no-go areas are only highlighted red in the editor, you won't see that in the actual game.
Keep up the good work, you maps are awesome!

Oh, my bad.
Thx
----
लदान...
लदान...
06.12.2012 - 09:41
Okay now to take the hobbits to isengrad
लदान...
लदान...
06.12.2012 - 09:52
Just an advice: Fix the economy of this map...... Everything is rich, its impossible to spend all our cash. It is just build build build and build, seriously the units in the game cost almost nothing and the economy would support easily a skymenace player everywhere. No one have to use a brain to play this map, no question of what and where I will build troops.

Choice A increase the cost of every unit by a lot

Choice B my favorite just lower the economy everywhere but not evenly some place have to be richer than other for strategic purpose
लदान...
लदान...
06.12.2012 - 10:06
लिखा द्वारा Cardinal Ouellet, 06.12.2012 at 09:52

Just an advice: Fix the economy of this map...... Everything is rich, its impossible to spend all our cash. It is just build build build and build, seriously the units in the game cost almost nothing and the economy would support easily a skymenace player everywhere. No one have to use a brain to play this map, no question of what and where I will build troops.

Choice A increase the cost of every unit by a lot

Choice B my favorite just lower the economy everywhere but not evenly some place have to be richer than other for strategic purpose

I will do it as soon as I have time.
It is on the top of my list of things to do.
----
लदान...
लदान...
06.12.2012 - 19:40
I don't see why you boosted the range of cavalry compared to tanks while keeping the other units the same as their original counterparts. I find it very hard to hold off attacks since the other person can attack me faster than I can get defensive units there.

Also I often notice an absurd amount of troops coming out of that area behind the mountains in the south. I have not actually played a game using that area so it could be nothing, but it feels like that area has about the same numbers as reinforcements as the area between the shire and rivendell, while being much easier to defend.
लदान...
लदान...
08.12.2012 - 12:29
*UPDATE*

Income has been reduced by 50% in every city.
If it appears to be too low I'll decrease the unit cost a bit.
----
लदान...
लदान...
08.12.2012 - 15:23
Needs more gandalfs and hobbits
लदान...
लदान...
16.12.2012 - 21:21
Wonderful game and scenario,. the problem is - it isn't available in list of scenarios.

why?
लदान...
लदान...
16.12.2012 - 21:38
AlexMeza
लिखा द्वारा MarioMalnar, 16.12.2012 at 21:21

Wonderful game and scenario,. the problem is - it isn't available in list of scenarios.

why?

I think it's a map not a scenario. In scenarios you ca
लदान...
लदान...
16.12.2012 - 21:38
AlexMeza
लिखा द्वारा MarioMalnar, 16.12.2012 at 21:21

why?

I think it's a map not a scenario. In scenarios you can add teams, players, starting money, etc.
लदान...
लदान...
17.12.2012 - 00:59
I know its available in maps - butr I can't start it with divided countries like some ppl who recently started it as a game did.
लदान...
लदान...
03.05.2017 - 05:05
Can we get a update with regards to the rare units? Also where they may appear?
----
Do right - fear not
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये