Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 8   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 22 users
04.08.2022 - 13:04
Problem: Currently if you're running a scenario someone can join, select an important role, then leave early in the game. And no new players can come and take up the mantle of that role. This is frustrating especially after creators spend hours balancing their scenarios only to have a huge piece (or pieces) missing by turn 2 or 3. And that issue is even more frustrating for those who play Casual.

Solution: If there was a way to allow new players to join and assume the scenario role of the lost player that would make it a lot easier to keep a game together.

---

Problem 2: In Quick Games, if you miss a few turns you can be kicked for inactivity. But in Casual Games, there is no hope for you if you have to miss a turn. You're immediately and automatically kicked. Casual Games are supposed to tailor to those who's real lives can get in the way, and I've had games I was playing for over a month long that I got booted from because of a last-minute issue keeping me from logging in for a day. Which you can imagine is infuriating.

Solution 2: Adding a setting that determines how many turns someone can miss in a Casual Game, so hosts can make that decision themselves.
लदान...
लदान...
04.08.2022 - 13:12
 DireWarlord99 (मध्यस्थ)
These ideas are great! I can provide some assistance when it comes to casual games. As long as you just click the "start turn button", you can miss the turn that you started, and you won't be kicked from the game. I understand that means you need to log on once/turn but it does mean you can miss a turn and not be kicked because of it.
लदान...
लदान...
04.08.2022 - 23:26
 brianwl (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा RoyalKingKobra, 04.08.2022 at 13:04

Problem: Currently if you're running a scenario someone can join, select an important role, then leave early in the game. And no new players can come and take up the mantle of that role. This is frustrating especially after creators spend hours balancing their scenarios only to have a huge piece (or pieces) missing by turn 2 or 3. And that issue is even more frustrating for those who play Casual.

Solution: If there was a way to allow new players to join and assume the scenario role of the lost player that would make it a lot easier to keep a game together.

---

Problem 2: In Quick Games, if you miss a few turns you can be kicked for inactivity. But in Casual Games, there is no hope for you if you have to miss a turn. You're immediately and automatically kicked. Casual Games are supposed to tailor to those who's real lives can get in the way, and I've had games I was playing for over a month long that I got booted from because of a last-minute issue keeping me from logging in for a day. Which you can imagine is infuriating.

Solution 2: Adding a setting that determines how many turns someone can miss in a Casual Game, so hosts can make that decision themselves.

The second suggestion might be easy to implement. If i see Dave i'll mention it to him, but can i make a suggestion on the suggestion... as someone who has the same issue, i tend to join 48 hour games, and i still occasionally get kicked if i have to be away for 3 or 4 days. As you may know already, it used to be like the quick games, allowing 3 turns before you got kicked... but in 48 hour games, that means about a week wait to get to turn 4 if there's a player or two who join and never play again.) So rather than have an option, it might even be easier for Dave to just implement the 1 turn kick for the first 10 turns. After 10 turns, everyone in the game is invested and the non-committed players have already been removed, so if something does call a player away for a few days, they could miss a turn or two before being kicked. Would that also work? i only suggest it because Dave has zero time these days, but it might only take a couple minutes of his time to make this type of change.
----

लदान...
लदान...
04.08.2022 - 23:58
लिखा द्वारा DireWarlord99, 04.08.2022 at 13:12

These ideas are great! I can provide some assistance when it comes to casual games. As long as you just click the "start turn button", you can miss the turn that you started, and you won't be kicked from the game. I understand that means you need to log on once/turn but it does mean you can miss a turn and not be kicked because of it.

I wasn't aware of that. It's not a perfect fix for the problem, but definitely something to try to utilize next time I think I might be cutting it close.
लदान...
लदान...
05.08.2022 - 00:04
अवतरण:
लिखा द्वारा brianwl, 04.08.2022 at 23:26

The second suggestion might be easy to implement. If i see Dave i'll mention it to him, but can i make a suggestion on the suggestion... as someone who has the same issue, i tend to join 48 hour games, and i still occasionally get kicked if i have to be away for 3 or 4 days. As you may know already, it used to be like the quick games, allowing 3 turns before you got kicked... but in 48 hour games, that means about a week wait to get to turn 4 if there's a player or two who join and never play again.) So rather than have an option, it might even be easier for Dave to just implement the 1 turn kick for the first 10 turns. After 10 turns, everyone in the game is invested and the non-committed players have already been removed, so if something does call a player away for a few days, they could miss a turn or two before being kicked. Would that also work? i only suggest it because Dave has zero time these days, but it might only take a couple minutes of his time to make this type of change.

That could work. Though maybe allowing missing one turn up to turn 10, then allow two turns past that mark.
Or, I'm not sure if this this'll be easy to implement but, instead of the game auto-kicking: give the host kicking power for someone who missed a turn in the first 10, and leave it to them. That would allow the nuance for a case-by-case basis.

Ultimately, whichever version of this suggestion gets implemented will definitely be an improvement. I'm not picky.
लदान...
लदान...
05.08.2022 - 00:13
 brianwl (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा RoyalKingKobra, 05.08.2022 at 00:04

That could work. Though maybe allowing missing one turn up to turn 10, then allow two turns past that mark.
Or, I'm not sure if this this'll be easy to implement but, instead of the game auto-kicking: give the host kicking power for someone who missed a turn in the first 10, and leave it to them. That would allow the nuance for a case-by-case basis.

Ultimately, whichever version of this suggestion gets implemented will definitely be an improvement. I'm not picky.

Yeah, host having kicking might even be better. Players could then message host their particular (real life) circumstances, and host could respond accordingly. Then host could still keep the game moving by kicking players who start, but never return.
----

लदान...
लदान...
05.08.2022 - 00:19
Agreed.

I imagine my first problem would be a lot harder to script for. I know nothing about coding/scripting but it would probably entail the cities and units previously held by the quitting player being put into a tertiary category that isn't just mixing it back in with Neutral, until either the join limit is reached or someone reassumes the role. Unless there's some way for the game to remember which neutral units/cities belonged to a scenario side and which didn't. Which sounds like a lot to script to me, even with no foreknowledge on the subject.
लदान...
लदान...
05.08.2022 - 06:51
In games of 24/48 hours you are expelled after 48 hours of inactivity.
I can only play this type of game and I believe it is right that if one does not play for 48 hours he is sent off, at least the others can play, also because if you cannot make the move you could still connect at least with the phone and simply press finish. turn, not even doing that in my opinion, out of respect for those who want to play deserves the expulsion
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये