Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 4   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 31 users
04.12.2020 - 17:02
Various other sports sport a junior league for developmental purposes (i.e. NBA G-League, Minor League Baseball) for players of inadequate skill or unfortunate circumstance. Atwar could contemplate the addition of a lower tier bracket for coalitions that don't have veteran players or as motivated players and want to have the coalition war experience but don't want to be wiped out or farmed by the top coalitions. Since they're not facing cutthroat teams and not tanking their Elo, they would be more willing to play in wars. You wouldn't want an unrated player playing in a GM tournament in chess would you?

In order to compensate for the pre-existing systems, the developmental league would need a few things.
1. A cool name.
2. Entirely separate rankings.
3. Optional entrance granted to every coalition at the beginning of the season. The caveat is that that coalition must stay in the developmental league the whole season if they do not opt out by a certain date. The fear of bringing avg. rank into this is that not all highly ranked players play at the same level.
4. Season Elo earned in the developmental league does not contribute to overall Elo for that coalition.
5. Only games against other developmental league coalitions count towards season Elo for developmental league coalitions.
6. Games against developmental league coalitions do not count towards season Elo in the veterans bracket.

Unfortunately, AtWar is not large enough to do this but an extension of this idea could be to create different conferences for different regions in a global tournament setting. Maybe our Twitch presence needs to be intensified?
----
hi
लदान...
लदान...
04.12.2020 - 21:47
Sounds like a good idea, a really good idea. But considering the odds of low ranks even finding out about this, which is close to zero because most low ranks don't use/ don't know of forums ( at least I didn't, I don't think I used forums until r6 ), I don't know how successful this would be. Maybe you could ask the AtWar team to at least help advertise this to low ranks? I really, really think this a good idea though, we need more things like this to make the game more enjoyable for low ranks who, in my opinion, do not always have a fun time playing AtWar...
लदान...
लदान...
05.12.2020 - 01:31
I like the idea. But unfortunately some things would have to change in atwar for this to work. Firstly, it would need to be the amount of members you can allow in a coalition. Right now you can have an infinite amount of members, so some clans have 100+ members taking away from making newer low rank clans. I think by having a member cap of 15 or 20 members would be perfect. This means more low ranks would want to make their own clans because current clans are already full. And it might get them more interested in the game seeing that they are in a leadership role.
----
लदान...
लदान...
05.12.2020 - 05:09
लिखा द्वारा Luo Tianyi, 04.12.2020 at 17:02

Unfortunately, AtWar is not large enough to do this but an extension of this idea could be to create different conferences for different regions in a global tournament setting. Maybe our Twitch presence needs to be intensified?

Yep
----
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये