World 2.0

As we may all know, atWar's current world map is more than a decade old. With all the current developments within the game, it has been the only thing that has not been sufficiently updated enough. The world map is and will be, the most important aspect of the game. The meta and player base revolves around the world map, but as new updates are being rolled out, a newer map is definitely needed in order to not just bring more activity to the game and keep up with the pace of the development, but also to bring something new for all of us to enjoy.

Because of this, Dave has decided to launch the contest for the creation of a new, and possibly the replacement for the current world map. The current world map is more than a decade old and lacks many features, a new world map would create leeway for further development, and would definitely increase activity.

In order to enter this contest, you have to reply "in" in the replies, and submit your map before the deadline.
You may collaborate with multiple mapmakers, though your prize will be split.

Map Requirements:
  • Map must be free from copyright issues.
  • All presets on the current world map should be available in your map.(ie. EU+ and Asia)
  • Must be UN-recognized borders.
  • Must be suitable for current strategies.
  • Must be suitable for competitive games.
  • Must have 2 variants of cities without harming the balance. (extra and non-extra.)
  • Borders must be detailed.
  • The map must be high resolution

The winner(s)' prize pool:
  • 15000 Protocoins

Trophy:
(Credits: Estus)

Deadline: March 31 , 2022 (to be extended if required)

|

टिप्पणियां पृष्ठ 2 / 2

Get Premium to hide all ads
टिप्पणियां: 82   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 677 users
30.10.2020 - 10:42
Great idea!
लदान...
लदान...
30.10.2020 - 11:05
लिखा द्वारा Zoe, 30.10.2020 at 10:19

लिखा द्वारा DeepFriedUnicorn, 30.10.2020 at 08:55

But map maker is still broken and glitching

It works fine, and even if the map breaks, there's still a chance it can be recovered just by asking Dave.

When was it fixed?
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
लदान...
लदान...
03.11.2020 - 20:35
Can everyone who is working on the world map please add all 50 states to USA. Would be really awesome to use it for clan wars.
----
लदान...
लदान...
03.11.2020 - 22:14
लिखा द्वारा PleaseMe, 03.11.2020 at 20:35

Can everyone who is working on the world map please add all 50 states to USA. Would be really awesome to use it for clan wars.

Make it a custom preset
----
hi
लदान...
लदान...
04.11.2020 - 10:25

Improper request. Not RP map. Idea dropped.
----

लदान...
लदान...
04.11.2020 - 10:39

I have a map of this if you want it, but there is like 20,000 other cities and stuff since it was an RP map
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
लदान...
लदान...
04.11.2020 - 11:08
लिखा द्वारा Dave, 10.10.2020 at 14:01

Would it be possible to get the base map formula for incomes that is used in the world map? It might be easier than calculating USA's income and reinforcements manually.
----
लदान...
लदान...
04.11.2020 - 14:47
 Zoe
A few more provinces would be cool. but all 50 would be cancer
----
लदान...
लदान...
04.11.2020 - 14:51
 Dave (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा Zoe, 04.11.2020 at 14:47

A few more provinces would be cool. but all 50 would be cancer

The US doesn't have provinces . Personally I'd love to see all 50 states. I like cancer.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

लदान...
लदान...
04.11.2020 - 14:59
 Dave (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा PleaseMe, 04.11.2020 at 11:08

Would it be possible to get the base map formula for incomes that is used in the world map? It might be easier than calculating USA's income and reinforcements manually.

If there was a formula, I don't have it.

I can do a database dump of all the cities and countries into .csv files. If you've got some good Excel knowledge maybe you can extrapolate from these what the formula might have been:

https://atwar-game.com/tmp/world-map-countries.csv
https://atwar-game.com/tmp/world-map-cities.csv
----
--Sun Tzu

लदान...
लदान...
06.11.2020 - 18:37
लिखा द्वारा Dave, 04.11.2020 at 14:59

लिखा द्वारा PleaseMe, 04.11.2020 at 11:08

If there was a formula, I don't have it.

I can do a database dump of all the cities and countries into .csv files. If you've got some good Excel knowledge maybe you can extrapolate from these what the formula might have been:

https://atwar-game.com/tmp/world-map-countries.csv
https://atwar-game.com/tmp/world-map-cities.csv

Those are a massive help for my work, cheers for that!
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
लदान...
लदान...
30.11.2020 - 13:57
In
लदान...
लदान...
12.12.2020 - 07:45
 Zoe
Bump
2 and a half weeks left. If anyone needs a time extension, let me know.
----
लदान...
लदान...
12.12.2020 - 13:00
 Rasp
लिखा द्वारा Zoe, 12.12.2020 at 07:45

Bump
2 and a half weeks left. If anyone needs a time extension, let me know.

I need a time extension, fairly speaking I need like a few (4-6) months to finish my version.

Sounds quite long so if not accepted I will quit and wish the most of the other participants goodluck.
----
-
लदान...
लदान...
12.01.2021 - 14:21
 Zoe
Time extended to February
----
लदान...
लदान...
01.02.2021 - 14:05
 Mobster (मध्यस्थ)
In
लदान...
लदान...
02.02.2021 - 09:39
 Mobster (मध्यस्थ)
Can the partipicants talk to contest host or AW's developers about their map's progress, asking a question like "is this map okay for aw standarts?"
लदान...
लदान...
07.02.2021 - 18:17
 Zoe
लिखा द्वारा Mobster, 02.02.2021 at 09:39

Can the partipicants talk to contest host or AW's developers about their map's progress, asking a question like "is this map okay for aw standarts?"

Obviously
----
लदान...
लदान...
10.02.2021 - 00:55
 Witch-Doctor (मध्यस्थ)
The game meta team is working on a world map 2.0. We'd like an extension until early April please.
लदान...
लदान...
10.02.2021 - 04:07
 Zoe
Extended again
----
लदान...
लदान...
13.02.2021 - 03:02
 Mobster (मध्यस्थ)
I think it's impossible to save the map with a different background without getting the map corrupted. Maybe it's because the World Map belongs to silverlight and it becomes bugged in html when you do this.
https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=45151

Edit: Yes it is because of something like this. I saved the world map with a different background in SL editor now! I'm lucky I cloned one in 2015 or something.
Please let us clone the world map in there or anyone who doesn't have a saved SL World map can't have a chance to win this contest.
लदान...
लदान...
15.02.2021 - 05:02
 Dave (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा Mobster, 13.02.2021 at 03:02

I think it's impossible to save the map with a different background without getting the map corrupted. Maybe it's because the World Map belongs to silverlight and it becomes bugged in html when you do this.
https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=45151

Edit: Yes it is because of something like this. I saved the world map with a different background in SL editor now! I'm lucky I cloned one in 2015 or something.
Please let us clone the world map in there or anyone who doesn't have a saved SL World map can't have a chance to win this contest.

Would you mind opening a bug report for that? https://atwar-game.com/forum/board.php?board_id=1 If you can please provide all the information in the bug report template, AND send me the exact background file you are trying to upload, then I will try to reproduce it when I have some time.

By the way I don't even have the source code for the Silverlight version, so its impossible for me to change anything about it. As much as I'd love to let you clone maps in SL, I literally don't have the ability to do that.

On the other hand if its a bug with the HTML5 editor then I can do something about it. Personally I haven't encountered any problems cloning the world map recently (not since my last round of fixes a few months ago)... so I'm guessing its either something specific to your browser, or maybe something specifically about the background image that it doesn't like. That's just a guess though... I'd need to see it for myself to figure it out.
----
--Sun Tzu

लदान...
लदान...
25.04.2021 - 05:36
 Zoe
Extended to may
----
लदान...
लदान...
25.04.2021 - 07:52
 Mobster (मध्यस्थ)
I still can't save it here... I can only save small maps. Is it possible to get silverlight editor create map function block lifted?
लदान...
लदान...
13.03.2022 - 07:41
 Zoe
Apparently its close to being finished. So...
Extended for the billionth time. New deadline March 31, 2022.

To the meta team: Dave will personally fire you and scrap your bread rations for this month if u don't finish the map.
----
लदान...
लदान...
13.03.2022 - 15:54
 Dave (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा Zoe, 13.03.2022 at 07:41

To the meta team: Dave will personally fire you and scrap your bread rations for this month if u don't finish the map.

At the moment, the meta team is waiting on me to fix some more bugs with the map editor, so don't be too harsh on them. There's not much more they can do until then.

I did go ahead and cut their bread rations though, because why not.
----
--Sun Tzu

लदान...
लदान...
24.03.2022 - 18:24
 Dave (प्रशासन)

So I was confused here, but the meta team's World Map 2.0 is a totally different thing, separate from this contest. So let's talk and figure out how we want to handle the contest. It doesn't matter when the official map comes out...
----
--Sun Tzu

लदान...
लदान...
25.03.2022 - 00:59
 Zoe
लिखा द्वारा Dave, 24.03.2022 at 18:24

So I was confused here, but the meta team's World Map 2.0 is a totally different thing, separate from this contest. So let's talk and figure out how we want to handle the contest. It doesn't matter when the official map comes out...

no idea. If you still want to give them the protocoins, go ahead xD.
----
लदान...
लदान...
25.03.2022 - 06:15
I would like to submit an entry for this contest. Thank you for this opportunity

Name: "World Map (remastered)"

good luck to everybody else in this competition

(I might not meet any of the requirements, but I am hoping the judges will take extenuating circumstances into account due to COVID)
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
लदान...
लदान...
25.03.2022 - 06:30
लिखा द्वारा Tribune Aquila, 25.03.2022 at 06:15

I would like to submit an entry for this contest. Thank you for this opportunity

Name: "World Map (remastered)"

good luck to everybody else in this competition

(I might not meet any of the requirements, but I am hoping the judges will take extenuating circumstances into account due to COVID)

clearly a master piece you deserve first place buddy.
लदान...
लदान...
25.03.2022 - 14:01
 Dave (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा Tribune Aquila, 25.03.2022 at 06:15

Well I don't need to see any more, I think we've found our winner everybody
----
--Sun Tzu

लदान...
लदान...
28.03.2022 - 11:23
 Zoe
**CLOSED**
----
लदान...
लदान...

Hits total: 32255 | This month: 900
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये