= = = 24th EDITION: September 28, 2020 = = =

Table of Contents
Section 1: New guide for AtWar
Section 2: Interview with "dominicano"
Section 3: Map review: Bronze Age - Rise of Babylon
Section 4: Planned maintenance
Section 5: Want to get Involved?

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting -- Sun Tzu.

New guide to AtWar

A new introduction for beginners! Considering the current situation of the game guide: precarious and outdated; the AtWar team is pleased to announce the launch of a new version, more dynamic, with visual guidelines, simplicity and, obviously, well updated. Providing a more friendly written guide for new players, with the help of graphic resources that also makes it better on mobile, was one of the biggest reasons that motivated the availability of this document. It should be noted that, until now, the older guide had been written almost 5 years ago.

This new guide is immensely inspired by its two predecessors, at first written by Hugosch, in 2016, and later revised by Google, in 2017. It is important to mention the hard work employed by both of them, years ago, to form voluntarily helping this community.

You can read the document HERE: Guide to AtWar 2.0

Interview with "dominicano"
Registered back in 2014, "dominicano" is a player from the Dominican Republic, part of the Blue-Dragons coalition and currently holds the first position on the AtWar leaderboard.

1) Since the annoucement of new ranks, have you felt motivated to play atWar more often?
Thank you for inviting me to this interview. First, the rank is not important to me, the most important thing is having a fair game in which the rules of AtWar are respected and not abuse the system.

2) As the player with the major amount of Strategy Points, what do you say for those who wanna improve their performance?
Whoever wants to improve their performance must be more risky, many players are afraid to face others just because they have fear when fighting a higher rank. From the beginning I have done my best and regardless of fighting only against 2, 3, 4 and sometimes up to 5 players, not fearing anything is what makes you big and strong.

3) How much time do you spend playing AtWar daily?
For a long time I have played only a game or two per day, but right now, because of quarantine, I spend a lot of my daily time in AtWar.

4) Will you be the first player to reach rank 26?
I don't know if I'll play until rank 26.

5) Right now, what do you think AtWar needs to improve the game itself and the community?
I think that a Spanish-speaking moderator would be useful, since many of the new members of the game are Latinos and have no one to complain or clarify their doubts with. Also, we must put more security in terms of players who use hacks and second accounts. Finally, I would like allies being able to mobilize your troops in their transports, for example, that my ally could carry my Infantry when I'm playing Imperialist and he is Naval Commander.

Map review: Bronze Age - Rise of Babylon

It's the beginning of the 18th century BC, the powerful kingdom of Elam invade the Mesopotamian plain with the specific purpose of destroying kingdom of Eshnunna in order to have access to the others rich land of the region. Babylon is having a great cultural, economic and military grow and together with it's ally, the Isin's sumeric dinasty, is looking for the rule over the entire Mesopotamia. Mari in the north still remains the main power in the region and it's ready to fight to assert itself.

This is one of the few functional scenarios from AtWar set in the Bronze Age and is definitely interesting, specially because it is located in the Mesopotamia region. It was designed and launched by Nedris, made for 6 players divided into 4 different teams.

- Ancient history
By way of curiosity, the Bronze Age happened approximately 3,000 to 1,200 BC and it is interesting to play a quality game in such an old period. There are no forts, chariots, warships, siege weapons, etc. Only bronze weapons, shiny shields and slingers.

- Factions
There are 6 factions available in 4 different teams. The Sukkalmah from Elam, which fights alone. Yasmah-Adad from Mari, also fighting alone. Kudur-Mabuk and Rim-Sin, both playing on the side of the Eshnunna Dinasty. And finally, Hammurabi of Babylon and the Isin's Dinasty, fighting as allies against the others.

-Terrain
Most of the land is located in the lands of Iraq, considering that the game is set in Mesopotamia. The Tigris and Euphrates rivers play a key role in the geography of the place, dividing the map into three large sections.

- Positives
✔ Unusual historical adaptation
✔ Variety of units
✔ Balance

- Negatives
✖ Low resolution map

Planned maintenance

According to Dave, AtWar's server host will be performing scheduled maintenance on September 29, 2020, between 7am and 11am UTC time. The game should continue as normal during this time, except for possibly brief connection interruptions.

Start Time: 2020-09-29 07:00:00 UTC
End Time: 2020-09-29 11:00:00 UTC

The network will be upgraded to provide network enhancements as part of ongoing efforts to provide excellent service and maintain an ideal hosting environment. A device reload may be necessary and some customers may experience brief periods of latency or packetloss while routes are updated across the redundant topology.

Want to get Involved?

If you would like to get involved in helping atWar in any of the following:

- AW Radio
- Atwar Times Network
- Translations
- Events
- News & updates

Please contact Estus or Croat and they can get you set-up.

Credits:
Estus

|

टिप्पणियां

Get Premium to hide all ads
टिप्पणियां: 10   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 251 users
28.09.2020 - 16:29
 Sascha (मध्यस्थ)
*first*
----

Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
--Les Brown
लदान...
लदान...
28.09.2020 - 16:41
 Zoe
Second...
----
लदान...
लदान...
29.09.2020 - 10:22
 Alex
Bring alois back
----
Orcs are a horde, much like Turks. Elves and Men are light skinned, Orcs are often darker/sallow skinned, like Turks.

Istanbul?Thats not how you pronounce Constantinople
लदान...
लदान...
29.09.2020 - 16:37
I can be ur spanish modddd dominicano hablas espanol amigo te quiro puta
----

लदान...
लदान...
30.09.2020 - 17:09
Message deleted by LukeTan. Reason: Not relevant...
लदान...
लदान...
30.09.2020 - 17:21
 opi
Lol
लदान...
लदान...
30.09.2020 - 19:52
लिखा द्वारा opi, 30.09.2020 at 17:21

Lol

where is klevis
----
लदान...
लदान...
01.10.2020 - 04:05
Since no one on staff promoted this i will
----
लदान...
लदान...
01.10.2020 - 13:28
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
लदान...
लदान...
02.10.2020 - 02:46
It looks like Kaska ignores you. Which means you can't send anything to him, sorry.

another bully victim
----

लदान...
लदान...

Hits total: 17906 | This month: 364
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये