Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 6   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 62 users
14.06.2020 - 08:47
I have shared this with clanmates and friends alike. I consider elo under the current format almost meaningless. There is absolutely too much control to the individual player to consider this any serious competitive metric. One obvious flaw;a player can choose who he wants to play and how many times. Thus avoid anyone who is a threat and accumulate elo against those you are confident of beating. Sure it can be fun and boost ego but not the best competitive metric.

Suggestion 1. Create a totally new elo system that is distributed under tournament conditions. In a tournament you must rematch if it is best of 3 or 5 etc, hence one cant get a lucky win and no re etc.Tournaments force unique users to register and gives greater accountability; games are also public in tournaments. Tournaments also force players to be exposed to wider range of elo's / players where one must defend standing( there is no hiding in tournaments). Tournaments allow a fixed number of games between participants thus eliminating farming.

Suggestion 2. Create tiers and award prizes accordingly thus giving greater incentive for lower level players to play and allowing players to play persons relative to their strength. An example, Category 1. 1500+ Category 2. 1250-1500 ..Category3. 1000-1250. These are of course just illustrative examples.

These are just a couple simple suggestions that I believe are very easy to implement and would make elo much more significant as an actual competitive metric . People can still duel/ 1v1 for fun but you get prizes and trophies from tournament elo.
लदान...
लदान...
14.06.2020 - 09:03
 Zoe
What is your avatar
----
लदान...
लदान...
15.06.2020 - 02:41
Both of your ideas were suggested as early as 8 (eight) years ago. Ideas and Suggestions is a meme forum, don't get your hopes up.
लदान...
लदान...
15.06.2020 - 16:01
This will never happen sorry
लदान...
लदान...
19.06.2020 - 08:29
A user created tournament bracket system, for both official and unofficial individual/clan tournaments would be the best way forward, including rank and elo filters, notifications.. its a lot of programming, but not that much more than ceating a new system.
Theres tonnes of ideas to revamp the cw system and all of them have some merit including this one.
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
लदान...
लदान...
20.06.2020 - 17:47
लिखा द्वारा vampire master V, 15.06.2020 at 16:01

This will never happen sorry

Well at the end of the day it will always be up to the decision makers. We already have many tournaments so I figured it should not be too difficult to distribute elo from the tournaments instead of random play with little oversight and so many loopholes. Like Sun said, there could be a few different ways to proceed, I just consider the current set up woefully inadequate if we truly wish it to be representative of the best this game has to offer. I have actually seen chats where "lausitz claims to be best player in atwar and he links it to the atwar page with his evidence to back up his claim. Who can argue with the guy. He is the best.
P.S dont kill the messenger, I am just a foot soldier sharing his opinion.
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये