Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 14   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 113 users
12.06.2020 - 22:50
Literally the title. It's pretty self explanitory. I think it is, and if you have any questions regarding my completely factual and flawless statement. Just reply to the post!
लदान...
लदान...
13.06.2020 - 02:19
Lots of strategy games can be said modern chess. Eu4, civ6, Autochess etc.
लदान...
लदान...
13.06.2020 - 02:30
 Zoe
In AtWar you reach a point where it mostly rounds down to luck regardless of your skill. There isn't anything called "crits" or "rolls" in chess. It's pure skill unlike AtWar.
----
लदान...
लदान...
13.06.2020 - 03:38
लिखा द्वारा Zoe, 13.06.2020 at 02:30

In AtWar you reach a point where it mostly rounds down to luck regardless of your skill. There isn't anything called "crits" or "rolls" in chess. It's pure skill unlike AtWar.

u forgot tbs
----
लदान...
लदान...
13.06.2020 - 03:53
I already said this, go to my 'This is Atwar' post

Crits, rolls, tbs...obviously we don't have something like this in chess. AW is evidently flawed and this is the difference between a new game which will probably perish in the next decades and chess who defy the time over millennia, Kasparov said in an interview, and I paraphrase 'I am grateful to our ancestors for giving us a perfectly balanced game'.

And probably this is what makes chess many a times boring, it's perfection. In AW, those spooks, 'crits, rolls, tbs', make the game dramatic and fun in the same time. A David can crush a Goliath all the time helped by those above. While in chess I haven't found easy ways to take on great players, they will crush ya', you stand no chance.

In the end, AW is more fun...but it will disappear.
----
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
लदान...
लदान...
13.06.2020 - 09:11
लिखा द्वारा Freeman, 13.06.2020 at 03:53

I already said this, go to my 'This is Atwar' post

Crits, rolls, tbs...obviously we don't have something like this in chess. AW is evidently flawed and this is the difference between a new game which will probably perish in the next decades and chess who defy the time over millennia, Kasparov said in an interview, and I paraphrase 'I am grateful to our ancestors for giving us a perfectly balanced game'.

And probably this is what makes chess many a times boring, it's perfection. In AW, those spooks, 'crits, rolls, tbs', make the game dramatic and fun in the same time. A David can crush a Goliath all the time helped by those above. While in chess I haven't found easy ways to take on great players, they will crush ya', you stand no chance.

In the end, AW is more fun...but it will disappear.

I'd like to add that AW has way more variables and more possibilities. You can predict every single possible move with an AI in chess and move accordingly in a perfect way. There's no perfect move in AW, not even the possibility to predict every single move and outcome. I don't believe it's worth comparing such different games...
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

लदान...
लदान...
13.06.2020 - 09:29
Would be, if knight didnt have the ability to jump 6 times in a row just because "Kasparov" is a lucky bastard
लदान...
लदान...
13.06.2020 - 19:08
You guys are idiots, this is almost exactly like chess. Turn blocks and movement priority is just another aspect of the game that you can master with skills, its another skill. You are all idiots
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
लदान...
लदान...
14.06.2020 - 17:10
लिखा द्वारा Tribune Aquila, 13.06.2020 at 19:08

You guys are idiots, this is almost exactly like chess. Turn blocks and movement priority is just another aspect of the game that you can master with skills, its another skill. You are all idiots

I agree but you always need to account for the chance inherent to those features (tbs and rolls)
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

लदान...
लदान...
14.06.2020 - 18:06
 Lelouch. (मध्यस्थ)
There's no luck in chess, only pure skill.
लदान...
लदान...
15.06.2020 - 04:34
Pretty sure chess has not died? Why would you need a 'modern' chess
लदान...
लदान...
16.06.2020 - 15:16
लिखा द्वारा Froyer, 13.06.2020 at 03:38

लिखा द्वारा Zoe, 13.06.2020 at 02:30

u forgot tbs

u forgot Xbugs cheat engine of urs
----
*enough atwar, leaving it for the game of real life
लदान...
लदान...
18.06.2020 - 05:12
लिखा द्वारा triangle., 15.06.2020 at 04:34

Pretty sure chess has not died? Why would you need a 'modern' chess

Well chess is about ancient warfare. While atwar is obviously about modern warfare, lines and tanks and such. Though chess was specifically designed to give new ideas to actual commanders, while atwar is literally a game some people made for the fun of it or for whatever reason. Not to be exact. Something does not have to die in order for something new to be created.
लदान...
लदान...
22.06.2020 - 11:22
No, chess is objective game with no element of random chance at play. Superior ability and application of said ability in the given game results in victory. Atwar might be fun and another way to enjoy oneself but is incomparable.
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये