Hey everyone, we've got some fantastic news for you!

Remember how you players always asked for custom maps and we always said "never; not possible!". Well, we changed our minds and decided to implement custom maps, whatever it takes. And a lot of time it will certainly take, so please don't ask for estimations - just trust us, we're working hard on it right now.

We cannot give you a lot of details, but there will definitely be an editor where you can upload your own map image and then draw country borders. You will be able to add all country and city data, and add your own units, fully customized. Scenarios will remain similar to what they are now, but will be able to be based on custom maps as well.

As you can imagine, this will infuse a lot of interesting opportunities into the game - you will be able to add a map/scenario based on Game Of Thrones, Lord Of The Rings, WWI/WW2, American Civil War or even a space-based map (why not?).

Because we're now fully concentrated on this massive undertaking (which feels very much like creating a new game from scratch), there won't be any big updates for a while. But then - BAM! - a huge one! So, be patient

Cheers!
Ivan & Amok

|

टिप्पणियां पृष्ठ 2 / 4

Get Premium to hide all ads
टिप्पणियां: 174   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 720 users
30.06.2012 - 12:12
Just a few questions: Will we be able to make Waterways/rivers? Will the image we use be the image for the map? And will there be a new section for doing this, or will it be Scenarios 2.0?
लदान...
लदान...
30.06.2012 - 12:32
This will be amazing, but I am slightly confused. We can upload our own map images and use them as playboards? Doesn't this basically allow us to play on any picture at all? I am sensing some inappropriate maps stemming from this... I'd give it about 3 days before we start seeing maps featuring the capital of Nipple City. lol
लदान...
लदान...
30.06.2012 - 14:31
100000/10
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
लदान...
लदान...
30.06.2012 - 15:16
Can we have SVG support for border defining? Please, pretty please.

(This way when the update rolls, we can all have maps ready)
----
लिखा द्वारा Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
लदान...
लदान...
30.06.2012 - 19:14
AlexMeza
खाता खाते को नष्ट कर दिया है।
Hmm is this for premium people only?
लदान...
लदान...
30.06.2012 - 19:17
Ahhh and so faith in the mods has been restored, of course only for a short time untill we start complaining again.
----
All our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Life's but a walking shadow a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing
लदान...
लदान...
30.06.2012 - 20:10
 Acquiesce (मध्यस्थ)
लिखा द्वारा Jim Jimmies, 30.06.2012 at 19:17

Ahhh and so faith in the mods has been restored, of course only for a short time untill we start complaining again.

I think you mean the admins. We have nothing to do with this.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 00:56
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा notserral, 30.06.2012 at 15:16

I cannot promise this - might be too complicated. We're planning to make our own border editor.
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 08:23
OMGYES
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 09:26
लिखा द्वारा Ivan, 01.07.2012 at 00:56

I cannot promise this - might be too complicated. We're planning to make our own border editor.

It's cool anyway. Will we be able to edit bodies of water - like making rivers and stuff? And also - can we have the ability to copy Map + borders and implement new units? I'm planning to make 2 versions of the Game of Thrones map, one with unique units and one with the standard ones.
----

लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 09:30
I look forward
----
>.>
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 10:22
 YOBA

Actually, Silverlight doesn't support SVG--only XAML, because Microsoft just loves vendor lock-in. Meh.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 11:56
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 01.07.2012 at 10:22

Actually, Silverlight doesn't support SVG--only XAML, because Microsoft just loves vendor lock-in. Meh.

I was thinking in terms of importing SVG and converting to XAML - but as I mentioned, it might be pretty complicated / not sure if it's worth it.
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 11:57
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा notserral, 01.07.2012 at 09:26

It's cool anyway. Will we be able to edit bodies of water - like making rivers and stuff? And also - can we have the ability to copy Map + borders and implement new units? I'm planning to make 2 versions of the Game of Thrones map, one with unique units and one with the standard ones.

Yes and yes.
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 12:53
 YOBA
Will we be able to edit any aspect of units? Including range (THIS)?

Will map size be fixed?

Well we be able to edit other people's maps and turn on and turn off countries and stuff like that?!
----
YOBA:
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 15:51
Persistance works.
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 17:06
A-FUCKING-MAZING! Hope it would'nt be so difficult to create Maps.

if it is, you could maybe upload a Howto for first steps.

DAMN I CAN'T WAIT!

Lord of the Rings! Command and Conquer! Warcraft! Star Wars! DAMN!!!!

Fucking great idea Amok & Ivan! WOAH!
लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 18:16
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
----

लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 18:38
Will there be an ETA, Ivan?
----

लदान...
लदान...
01.07.2012 - 20:52
Excellent!
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 02:03
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 01.07.2012 at 12:53

Will we be able to edit any aspect of units? Including range (THIS)?

Will map size be fixed?

Well we be able to edit other people's maps and turn on and turn off countries and stuff like that?!

Yes

No

Yes
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 02:04
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा notserral, 01.07.2012 at 18:38

Will there be an ETA, Ivan?

Later. No promises now
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 02:56
Ah Ivan a question: Is it possible to seperate units by teams? So each team plays with own units, the other team/player does'nt have?
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 04:16
 Duxa
Ivan and Amok this is best news ever
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 09:55
Will be this a premium feature?
You can scroll the map North-south?
Or you scroll the map east-west?
----

-Gardevoir
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 12:10
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा LEGION, 02.07.2012 at 02:56

Ah Ivan a question: Is it possible to seperate units by teams? So each team plays with own units, the other team/player does'nt have?

Yes
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 12:10
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा raetahcodeupon, 02.07.2012 at 09:55

Will be this a premium feature?
You can scroll the map North-south?
Or you scroll the map east-west?

Yes
No
Yes
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 13:01
Will you get SP from these maps? I'm sure there will be many maps that are SP farming with the being able to make your own units ability so I hope you lower the amount of sp even further than it already is. (or just watch for this more often)

also will these custom units count towards medals (such as kill land units, kill naval units ect)
----
लिखा द्वारा Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
लिखा द्वारा tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 13:17
लिखा द्वारा Fruit, 02.07.2012 at 13:01

Will you get SP from these maps? I'm sure there will be many maps that are SP farming with the being able to make your own units ability so I hope you lower the amount of sp even further than it already is. (or just watch for this more often)

also will these custom units count towards medals (such as kill land units, kill naval units ect)

I will report unfair-farm sp maps.
----

-Gardevoir
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 13:57
 Ivan (प्रशासन)

Yes and yes. Farming is a big problem (I really wish it wasn't!) and we're considering possible solutions. One of the best ideas currently is to count SP according to rank difference - this prevents farming SP for your rank 10 with a rank 1 disposable account. Another idea is have SP ceiling for a single battle, to discourage farming with massive unit stacks. We're also thinking to have separate map rating for balance/fairness - this might help as well.
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 17:29
Will maps have a section like scenarios?
----

-Gardevoir
लदान...
लदान...
02.07.2012 - 21:21
लिखा द्वारा Ivan, 02.07.2012 at 13:57

Yes and yes. Farming is a big problem (I really wish it wasn't!) and we're considering possible solutions. One of the best ideas currently is to count SP according to rank difference - this prevents farming SP for your rank 10 with a rank 1 disposable account. Another idea is have SP ceiling for a single battle, to discourage farming with massive unit stacks. We're also thinking to have separate map rating for balance/fairness - this might help as well.

Couldn't there be a Balance Rating set by mods? A map with 5 star balance ratings could have 100% sp per battle, and one with 0~1 star could give 0~20% SP. This way mods could check and alter balance rating at any time, and maps with higher ratings would be played more and if there was a medal for creator of most played map by month/week, players would be motivated to make a fair one.
----

लदान...
लदान...
03.07.2012 - 02:08
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा raetahcodeupon, 02.07.2012 at 17:29

Will maps have a section like scenarios?

Obviously.
लदान...
लदान...
03.07.2012 - 04:07
What about assigning specific strats to a player or team? That would be great for determining playing styles, especially if the setting requires it.
The only other "effective" way would be using custom units, but that comes with balancing issues; actually, custom units might mess up the use of strategies completely...

One solution might be letting custom maps have custom units and leave strategies out completely... or make custom units for each side/player by letting them have custom strategies! Actually, I think this might be the easiest practicable solution for custom units :
Each player/side gets a custom strategy, so we'll get the essential roles even if the units are changed, and we have different units for the parties.

P.S.: To get actual custom units through this, it still would be necessary being able to edit unit name, icon and description (as already possible) for each side/player (not possible yet), but I guess this would mean considerably less work than enabling players to make single custom units, along with making balancing easier and speeding up this epic update.
Although single custom units would mean it's possible to make custom rares and/or
leaders/"heroes"... What would be incredibly awesome.
I guess customising name, icon and description of rare units would be enough and easier to implement, wouldn't it? Although then the map creators would be deprived of discovering the rares for themselves, that would be a great way of making rares fit into custom games realistically.
----
Versão brasileira: Herbert Richers.
लदान...
लदान...
03.07.2012 - 04:15
I really like the idea of having strategies applied to factions/players. That would be awesome for scenarios, irrespective of what happens to custom maps; how about it?
----
लदान...
लदान...
03.07.2012 - 20:32
This will be great.
लदान...
लदान...
03.07.2012 - 21:40
लिखा द्वारा Guest, 03.07.2012 at 03:48

लिखा द्वारा notserral, 02.07.2012 at 21:21

लिखा द्वारा Ivan, 02.07.2012 at 13:57

Couldn't there be a Balance Rating set by mods? A map with 5 star balance ratings could have 100% sp per battle, and one with 0~1 star could give 0~20% SP. This way mods could check and alter balance rating at any time, and maps with higher ratings would be played more and if there was a medal for creator of most played map by month/week, players would be motivated to make a fair one.

I don't think this is a good idea Pulse. This is way too subjective and also being a mod doesn't mean one is good at estimating how many SP a map should give. Also there will be so many maps within a few hours that it will be impossible to check them all.

What I meant is that mods are a part neutral enough they can be asked to rate a map according to its fairness, balance and non-sp-farmingness. The higher the ranking, the higher the SP that can be acquired through those maps.

I don't think limiting SP will make them unplayable, but not doing so will make those who never play scenarios to play them.
----

लदान...
लदान...
04.07.2012 - 22:22
I was suggesting that Mods could alter that, to prevent incredibly skewed maps to be used for farming.
----

लदान...
लदान...
05.07.2012 - 14:22
We should be allowed to force players/teams to use certain strategies (ie; a player who chose ussr in an WW2 scenario would be forced to be iron first)

IF we could create units based on prexisting stats, could you give us a base 'nuke' unit to play around with?
----
You may not have heard of me yet. It doesn't matter; you will soon enough.
लदान...
लदान...
06.07.2012 - 04:18
लिखा द्वारा Mr. Kurtz, 05.07.2012 at 14:22

We should be allowed to force players/teams to use certain strategies (ie; a player who chose ussr in an WW2 scenario would be forced to be iron first)

लिखा द्वारा Jubapreta, 03.07.2012 at 04:15

I really like the idea of having strategies applied to factions/players. That would be awesome for scenarios, irrespective of what happens to custom maps; how about it?

Actually referring to other people with the same idea makes the idea stronger; I mean, I actually exactly said this in the same post, all you need to do is saying "I like this idea", maybe adding "because...".
----
लदान...
लदान...
06.07.2012 - 04:27
लिखा द्वारा Jubapreta, 03.07.2012 at 04:07

What about assigning specific strats to a player or team? That would be great for determining playing styles, especially if the setting requires it.
The only other "effective" way would be using custom units, but that comes with balancing issues; actually, custom units might mess up the use of strategies completely...

One solution might be letting custom maps have custom units and leave strategies out completely... or make custom units for each side/player by letting them have custom strategies! Actually, I think this might be the easiest practicable solution for custom units :
Each player/side gets a custom strategy, so we'll get the essential roles even if the units are changed, and we have different units for the parties.

P.S.: To get actual custom units through this, it still would be necessary being able to edit unit name, icon and description (as already possible) for each side/player (not possible yet), but I guess this would mean considerably less work than enabling players to make single custom units, along with making balancing easier and speeding up this epic update.
Although single custom units would mean it's possible to make custom rares and/or
leaders/"heroes"... What would be incredibly awesome.
I guess customising name, icon and description of rare units would be enough and easier to implement, wouldn't it? Although then the map creators would be deprived of discovering the rares for themselves, that would be a great way of making rares fit into custom games realistically.

All right, what I most want to know is:

-How will you make custom units fit in with strategies?

-Will custom units include customisable rares and/or leaders?

-Will you let us assign strategies to players and/or teams?

Thank you for your work. We really appreciate it.
----
लदान...
लदान...
06.07.2012 - 13:30
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा Jubapreta, 06.07.2012 at 04:27

All right, what I most want to know is:

-How will you make custom units fit in with strategies?

-Will custom units include customisable rares and/or leaders?

Thank you for your work. We really appreciate it.

Pretty sure I've already answered the first two, probably in this very thread. Anyway, the answers are

- generic unit roles, which custom units will be based on

- yes and yes

- not likely
लदान...
लदान...
06.07.2012 - 14:39
 YOBA
अवतरण:
लिखा द्वारा Ivan, 06.07.2012 at 13:30

- not likely

Aww shucks. Could you at least have the ability to disable some strategies? You always get that idiot who joins using NC in an Africa game.
----
YOBA:
लदान...
लदान...
06.07.2012 - 15:54

Pretty sure I've already answered the first two, probably in this very thread.

You did, and I am asking because I was assuming custom units mean we can change the stats. But that probably isn't the case, right?
Custom units means being able to change the unit names, icons and descriptions only then, I assume...

Well, this way strategies can just stay the way they are. Also I suppose it's possible to advise players to choose a a specific strat, but that would require them actually reading the scenario description... :-p
----
लदान...
लदान...
06.07.2012 - 15:55
अवतरण:
लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 06.07.2012 at 14:39

- not likely

Aww shucks. Could you at least have the ability to disable some strategies? You always get that idiot who joins using NC in an Africa game.

You messed up the quoting a little there; Ivan responded to me asking.
----
लदान...
लदान...
07.07.2012 - 08:49
How much time we are talking about i mean how long we will wait to you until you finish it week month year?
----

लदान...
लदान...
07.07.2012 - 18:49
WIN. I can't wait.
लदान...
लदान...
09.07.2012 - 02:08
Admins, you guys are kinda awesome.

As far as a time frame goes I obviously understand why you don't want to give a specific date, but before or after say.. idk September? (there will be about a month period where i go inactive )

I would also like to add that I love the work you done on your game, am very appreciative of it and glad I could support you guys by purchasing Premium.

Did I mention I think you guys are awesome? lol
----
╭∩╮(︶︹︺)╭∩╮
asleep for now zzz
लदान...
लदान...
09.07.2012 - 11:30
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
अवतरण:

- not likely

Why would you have a problem with that? The idiot is probably going to lose, that's all
लदान...
लदान...
11.07.2012 - 22:01
अवतरण:
लिखा द्वारा Ivan, 09.07.2012 at 11:30

- not likely

Why would you have a problem with that? The idiot is probably going to lose, that's all

the ability to disable certain strategies and set strategies for a player is fairly crucial

One of the main problems i have when joining scenarios is that certain units are disabled, and i pick a strat that is totally pointless, like a lot of scenarios disable marines and you can't play mos or gw.

also, the ability to set pre determined strategies for one player will be really useful because you will have a good idea of any extra starting units you will be handled, and also knowing what strategy your surronding enemies are using, you will be able to quickly adjust your gameplay to best counter him, it will definitely make for a more interesting battle, especially seeing as the advantage of a quick expansion is removed out of the equation, a quick expansion is currently on of the most crucial factors in afterwind.
लदान...
लदान...

Hits total: 122703 | This month: 1428
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये