Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 14   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 89 users
09.02.2011 - 16:12
I had a few suggestions for the game:

-fighter planes: used to counter bombing runs. I was thinking they could be relatively cheap about 100 each, and try would have the ability to form defensive lines blocking bombers and transports from entering cities. Obviously they would have high attack against other air targets and low attack against ground troops and low defense overall. Perhaps a upgrade could be unlocked that would allow an anti-ship fighter.

-trade: I think there should be some other for
Of aqquiring money. There could be another solution to this problem but I have come up with some idea of trade. The trade could be conducted between allies and cities that must travel to your capital to supply tour government.

-mobile version: I constantly find myself wanting to play on the go with my iPhone. Not sure if possible but would be awesome.
लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 16:23
You can already send money to those you are at peace or aligned with.
लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 16:48
लिखा द्वारा Gigglin, 09.02.2011 at 16:23

I think he means that you gain money for your ally "touring" your country.
लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 16:56

Well I was basically just saying there should be another way to get money. For smaller countries to prosper without having to invade so much. I just gave a flawed example.
लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 17:29
लिखा द्वारा UnIgnrt_American, 09.02.2011 at 16:56

Well I was basically just saying there should be another way to get money. For smaller countries to prosper without having to invade so much. I just gave a flawed example.

Could work, just let the devs know your idea.
लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 17:53
लिखा द्वारा Garde, 09.02.2011 at 17:29

That's why it's in the suggestion board

लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 18:16
लिखा द्वारा UnIgnrt_American, 09.02.2011 at 17:53

लिखा द्वारा Garde, 09.02.2011 at 17:29

That's why it's in the suggestion board

Damn...I made a fool of myself
But yeah, I like the tiurism idea or whaterver you called it, sounds like an easy way to make sum $$$ and travel at the same time.
लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 18:48
I definitely support the idea of an alternative way to acquire funds. The strategic aspect of using your current funds to either a) invest in acquiring more funds or b) building up your military forces is something that doesn't seem to be present much in this game; at least not to the potential it could be. Currently, a greater military=more expansion=more money. While this makes sense as more land clearly equals more money, there needs to be a balancing aspect. Because military force and money come almost side-by-side in this game, players dont have the option to make the strategic balance between military strength and economic prosperity. Although one could argue that, yes, the game is about fighting military battles, investing in economic prosperity must simply be viewed as an option to maybe weaken yourself militarily now, only to have a huge army at your disposal later. We look to the past when we see nations like the dutch from the exploration age and thereafter. The dutch, built, in essence, a trading empire. No, their military was not huge, no they did not invest money in becoming a military power in Europe. However, they achieved economic dominance through investing their resources in their economy rather than fighting. We can see an example of how this would play out late game when we look to the cold war. The USSR had a huge military and had been building it up since far before the cold war. The United States military, before the cold war began, would have stood little chance against that of the USSR. But what happened in the cold war was that, because the United States had such a great economy, it was able to militarily and technologically outproduce its Russian counterpart.
Which brings up the point of, how would this money be spent? We can already see in some instances in this game where money becomes nearly arbitrary where people build up funds to such a degree that they can afford everything. However, they have no useful way to spend these funds because they simply aren't getting enough reinforcements. If new ways of achieving money are implemented, I believe it would be necessary to implement new ways of spending money. I have a few of my own far from perfect ideas of what players can do with this excess money. Maybe players could purchase in-game upgrades to their cities so that for the remainder of that game the city gets one more reinforcement that usual? Maybe players could invest in defense systems in their city which give a city extra defenses added onto the defense of the troops stationed in the city? Another very experimental idea i have come up with is possibly border defense. Basically how it works is that it is almost like there is a permanent defense line of militia along every border your empire shares with another country. When other powers try to invade they have to spend a turn breaking this(it regenerates again a few turns later) and then can invade next turn. Another way that this could work is the border just "attacks" enemy stacks when they cross into your empire. and thus, the enemy stacks lose some of their forces. The amount they would lose can be based on how much money the player puts into building these borders. The reason i propose this idea is because territory, as the game is now, means little. It is all completely based around the cities. the fact that you hold USA:Northeast doesn't make the northern areas of that territory(such as Maine and Vermont) anymore yours than they are the player in Quebec's. The fact that Maine and Vermont may be your color is, in essence, arbitrary. Another way players could spend excess money is buying in-game upgrades for troops. I player could spend 10,000 so that all of his battleships for the rest of the game now have +1 attack.
Now onto the subject of "How does one build a economic empire?" I have seen a few ideas and the one I like most now is trade. I know this has been suggested in an earlier thread but players can have boats that go around the world generating cash. This would increase the relevance of water in the game and also allow for a way to build economic success. Another option could be simply "upgrading your economy" with cash you already have. You spend a certain amount of cash on a country and now the income for that country is higher as long as you hold control of it. If you lose the country all of this economic success could be destroyed just like how Germany's economy was destroyed after World War I

Just the way I see it. Thanks for reading.
लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 18:49
लिखा द्वारा Otokonoko, 09.02.2011 at 18:48

I definitely support the idea of an alternative way to acquire funds. The strategic aspect of using your current funds to either a) invest in acquiring more funds or b) building up your military forces is something that doesn't seem to be present much in this game; at least not to the potential it could be. Currently, a greater military=more expansion=more money. While this makes sense as more land clearly equals more money, there needs to be a balancing aspect. Because military force and money come almost side-by-side in this game, players dont have the option to make the strategic balance between military strength and economic prosperity. Although one could argue that, yes, the game is about fighting military battles, investing in economic prosperity must simply be viewed as an option to maybe weaken yourself militarily now, only to have a huge army at your disposal later. We look to the past when we see nations like the dutch from the exploration age and thereafter. The dutch, built, in essence, a trading empire. No, their military was not huge, no they did not invest money in becoming a military power in Europe. However, they achieved economic dominance through investing their resources in their economy rather than fighting. We can see an example of how this would play out late game when we look to the cold war. The USSR had a huge military and had been building it up since far before the cold war. The United States military, before the cold war began, would have stood little chance against that of the USSR. But what happened in the cold war was that, because the United States had such a great economy, it was able to militarily and technologically outproduce its Russian counterpart.
Which brings up the point of, how would this money be spent? We can already see in some instances in this game where money becomes nearly arbitrary where people build up funds to such a degree that they can afford everything. However, they have no useful way to spend these funds because they simply aren't getting enough reinforcements. If new ways of achieving money are implemented, I believe it would be necessary to implement new ways of spending money. I have a few of my own far from perfect ideas of what players can do with this excess money. Maybe players could purchase in-game upgrades to their cities so that for the remainder of that game the city gets one more reinforcement that usual? Maybe players could invest in defense systems in their city which give a city extra defenses added onto the defense of the troops stationed in the city? Another very experimental idea i have come up with is possibly border defense. Basically how it works is that it is almost like there is a permanent defense line of militia along every border your empire shares with another country. When other powers try to invade they have to spend a turn breaking this(it regenerates again a few turns later) and then can invade next turn. Another way that this could work is the border just "attacks" enemy stacks when they cross into your empire. and thus, the enemy stacks lose some of their forces. The amount they would lose can be based on how much money the player puts into building these borders. The reason i propose this idea is because territory, as the game is now, means little. It is all completely based around the cities. the fact that you hold USA:Northeast doesn't make the northern areas of that territory(such as Maine and Vermont) anymore yours than they are the player in Quebec's. The fact that Maine and Vermont may be your color is, in essence, arbitrary. Another way players could spend excess money is buying in-game upgrades for troops. I player could spend 10,000 so that all of his battleships for the rest of the game now have +1 attack.
Now onto the subject of "How does one build a economic empire?" I have seen a few ideas and the one I like most now is trade. I know this has been suggested in an earlier thread but players can have boats that go around the world generating cash. This would increase the relevance of water in the game and also allow for a way to build economic success. Another option could be simply "upgrading your economy" with cash you already have. You spend a certain amount of cash on a country and now the income for that country is higher as long as you hold control of it. If you lose the country all of this economic success could be destroyed just like how Germany's economy was destroyed after World War I

When I saw that wall of text, I spilled my coffee. None the less I like what you stated.
लदान...
लदान...
09.02.2011 - 19:33
लिखा द्वारा Garde, 09.02.2011 at 18:49

I definitely support the idea of an alternative way to acquire funds. The strategic aspect of using your current funds to either a) invest in acquiring more funds or b) building up your military ...... Germany's economy was destroyed after World War I

When I saw that wall of text, I spilled my coffee. None the less I like what you stated.

WALL OF TEXT!
Very good points though
लदान...
लदान...
10.02.2011 - 01:53
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
The only trading aspect we have in mind at the moment are Cargo ships.
लदान...
लदान...
10.02.2011 - 18:02
लिखा द्वारा Ivan, 10.02.2011 at 01:53

The only trading aspect we have in mind at the moment are Cargo ships.

Again, trade was just an example by me to suggest another way to obtain money.
लदान...
लदान...
27.04.2011 - 07:08

Good text,i agree with lot of things in there.Yea,it will be the good thing to have some balance beetwen economy and military-or you are economic empire or military,or you can be a little of both.
लदान...
लदान...
27.04.2011 - 09:04
Hey, you do realize this is a Veeerrrrryyyyy old post, right?
----
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये