Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 49   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 580 users
24.01.2011 - 07:22
I was thinking about making a private game with my friends to re-enact various things (Ala WW2), but I realized that the max amount of money you can have is like 50k, so you can't go and snatch up all the countries you want/need for your little scenario. So my suggestion is to add an option to remove country prices, so they're all free. That way, if the host wants, he can set up various scenarios where people can start with their correct nations instead of having to take the time to conquer them, and thus can jump straight into the action.
लदान...
लदान...
24.01.2011 - 07:26
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
Would be easier to just have a bigger maximum for starting money. How about that?
लदान...
लदान...
24.01.2011 - 07:28
I suppose, but then you'd have to make it an insane ammount to account for all possible scenarios. I figured allowing them to make every country free would be easier to implement, but what do I know Either way, something that allows players to select entire hemispheres at the start of the game would be nice.
लदान...
लदान...
24.01.2011 - 08:46
Maybe some fixed scenarios would be nice, where the different factions of WW II for example are already defined and the players just need to chose their side and have all regions that belonged to their faction.
लदान...
लदान...
24.01.2011 - 08:57
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा KrautRommel, 24.01.2011 at 08:46

Maybe some fixed scenarios would be nice, where the different factions of WW II for example are already defined and the players just need to chose their side and have all regions that belonged to their faction.

Scenarios are planned, but it might take some time to get them online (priorities, priorities). When it's done, anyone can create their scenarios for other people to play.
लदान...
लदान...
24.01.2011 - 12:08
Ivan, one more idea for game creation option that someone mentioned in game - an option for "extra time on reinforcement turn only" - I.e. you want to play a 2 min turn game, but by turn 16 your empire is big enough that you need more than 2 minutes to go click on each city and dole out the reinforcements and still make all your moves - but you don't need extra time the rest of the turns.

I know this can be solved by the admin just changing the turn time, but that is a hassle, and often the admins don't respond, and sometimes they are too noob to understand, and then they would have to change it back.

Or maybe this won't be as much of a problem when you implement auto-unit creation - but maybe people would still want it?
लदान...
लदान...
24.01.2011 - 12:46
That is a good idea Guest but the admin can already change the time allowed, so many you can host a game and do this already. Not really ideal or realistic in most games I know...
लदान...
लदान...
24.01.2011 - 14:08
 Ivan (प्रशासन)
I'm somewhat against millions of options, though I can see how this one would be useful. I'm also very saddened that the most popular turn time is 3 minutes, which often doesn't allow enough time to properly review the battles and carefully plan your strategy - but I understand that people don't have time for games lasting several hours.

We'll have the automation ready soon - let's see if that helps.
लदान...
लदान...
24.01.2011 - 17:57
Well adding scenario maps would be nice, but still kinda limiting. The main reason I made this thread is because I wanted to play a scenario from an alternate reality where there's different super powers from anything we know today. So adding scenario maps wouldn't help for instances like that, so simply allowing us to buy tons of countries would solve that. I mean there's an option to be able to pick 99 countries at the start, just need enough money to be able to actually pick that many countries.
लदान...
लदान...
25.01.2011 - 02:06
Hmm maybe these scenario maps could be a premium option. After you buy a map you could then host a game for other people to play on...
But it would split up the player base I suppose.
लदान...
लदान...
25.01.2011 - 02:41
लिखा द्वारा King Cow, 25.01.2011 at 02:06

Hmm maybe these scenario maps could be a premium option. After you buy a map you could then host a game for other people to play on...

I think this is a really good idea. It wouldnt split players as long as a all players can join the game. It would just mean that certain players can create a wider (and potentially better) variety of games
----
~
लदान...
लदान...
04.02.2011 - 14:19
How about a type of game where capturing the capital of a country DOESN'T prevent from making reinforcements?
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
लदान...
लदान...
04.02.2011 - 14:39
Seems like that would be annoying really. Trying to kill a hydra in some nations.
लदान...
लदान...
16.02.2011 - 08:39
I just will post it here, so no new topics have to be created

Chat says it all
----
Very vicious moderator
लदान...
लदान...
16.02.2011 - 11:33
Yeah, I've just seen some ridiculous scenarios where teams start 3vs3, then next turn it's 6vs3. By the time it''d be 6vs6, it's often already way too late.
लदान...
लदान...
25.02.2011 - 06:59
Just a suggestion (usefull I think)
During creating new game, while still in a setup screen, it would be very nice to still be able to see other open games.
I often see as couple of fellas create exact same game and then wait for players....
----
Very vicious moderator
लदान...
लदान...
26.02.2011 - 01:32
 Hawk
Do you know if there will ever be an option to only allow specific strategies to be used. PD abuse is getting to me.
लदान...
लदान...
28.02.2011 - 10:35
लिखा द्वारा Guest14502, 24.01.2011 at 12:08

Ivan, one more idea for game creation option that someone mentioned in game - an option for "extra time on reinforcement turn only" - I.e. you want to play a 2 min turn game, but by turn 16 your empire is big enough that you need more than 2 minutes to go click on each city and dole out the reinforcements and still make all your moves - but you don't need extra time the rest of the turns.

I know this can be solved by the admin just changing the turn time, but that is a hassle, and often the admins don't respond, and sometimes they are too noob to understand, and then they would have to change it back.

Or maybe this won't be as much of a problem when you implement auto-unit creation - but maybe people would still want it?

LOVE it I was thinking this the other day.. have turn duration set to 2 but have a different time for the reinforcement turns. exp 3 min. it should be easy to put into place I would think. it would be as simple as having to timers one for "Movement Turns" and other for "Reinforcement Turns"
something as simple as that are little things that can make the enjoyment to the game that much more fun.
लदान...
लदान...
01.03.2011 - 05:04
Scenarios would be nice, WW1, WW2, Balkan wars, Civiliwar maybe.

I like the idea.
लदान...
लदान...
03.04.2011 - 14:51
Choose who gets first pick on your team in a team game.

Main reason is so your team can get the right countries for their strategies, and general convenience, a premium feature that would be included with team game pack.

@Hawk

You should learn how to counter every strategy
लदान...
लदान...
08.04.2011 - 09:20
I'd like an option of coaltion wars with more than 2 coalitions. Just throwing that out there.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
लदान...
लदान...
29.04.2011 - 15:46
This is an awesome idea, but all the scenarios you've all mainly pointed out is WW2, but if this does go into consideration, we need more "past" scenarios, like "the new world" (race to America) or "slave take" (Europe V Africa) etc, even civil war scenarios (American Civil war/War of independents) this idea is great if we didn't just have the world wars as main scenarios (its a bit offensive to people who died in those wars unmentioned)
----
- signed rickcall12 -
लदान...
लदान...
02.05.2011 - 15:39
 YOBA
लिखा द्वारा BASED Ironail, 08.04.2011 at 09:20

I'd like an option of coaltion wars with more than 2 coalitions. Just throwing that out there.

I like this idea. A world game full of highly-skilled players would be frickin' awesome.

One thing I'd be afraid of is scenarios in coalition wars. I think they should be disabled for that category, seriously, as the side that sets the game up may have a trick up its sleeve and may make the game very unfair towards the enemy coalition.

Really, to keep things fair you had ought to turn off scenarios in the coalition wars category... wouldn't you agree?
Please reply.

लिखा द्वारा Cardinal, 16.02.2011 at 08:39

snip

Off-topic, but honestly, that's the ugliest Firefox theme I've ever seen. Ever.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
लदान...
लदान...
02.05.2011 - 17:46
लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 02.05.2011 at 15:39
One thing I'd be afraid of is scenarios in coalition wars. I think they should be disabled for that category, seriously, as the side that sets the game up may have a trick up its sleeve and may make the game very unfair towards the enemy coalition.

Really, to keep things fair you had ought to turn off scenarios in the coalition wars category... wouldn't you agree?
Please reply.

Agreed.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
लदान...
लदान...
07.05.2011 - 10:34
Done n dusted
----
- signed rickcall12 -
लदान...
लदान...
07.05.2011 - 10:41
लिखा द्वारा Pinheiro, 02.05.2011 at 17:46

लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 02.05.2011 at 15:39

Please reply.

Agreed.

Something like this could be easily avoided if the other team got to look at the map beforehand- or have someone go around and check new maps everyday (like a mod, cept with maps)- or the best way to solve it- both teams work on making the map or agree on a non-clonable map that neither team made. Easyily solved fellas, you dont just have to not be able to do something when you could use a list of solutions.
लदान...
लदान...
31.03.2012 - 00:14
So I've been looking at creating a couple different scenarios and here are some features I'd like to see:

The ability to choose, under the victory condition "capture selected country", any country at available.
The ability to edit and edit with rare units.
The ability to disable individual cities instead of entire countries.
The ability to create triggers as apposed to only being able to create events through a week by week basis; i.e. if player A has a city and player X takes said city, player A is granted units around said city because of an "ambush" or whatever.

there's more, but I'm exhausted, so I'll post them later.
लदान...
लदान...
31.03.2012 - 07:07
 YOBA
लिखा द्वारा jakspica, 31.03.2012 at 00:14

The ability to choose, under the victory condition "capture selected country", any country at available.
The ability to edit and edit with rare units.
The ability to disable individual cities instead of entire countries.
The ability to create triggers as apposed to only being able to create events through a week by week basis; i.e. if player A has a city and player X takes said city, player A is granted units around said city because of an "ambush" or whatever.

All excellent propositions, though unit stat editing (which I think is what you're really talking about) is out of the question due to technical limitations.

As well as disabling individual cities (right now we add like 50 infantry, but that seems a bit crude) I'd like to change possession of individual cities. For example, some cities can be taken in neutral country X or city Y in the country of player B can be owned by player A. It would be great not only for balance reasons but also for historical scenarios.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
लदान...
लदान...
31.03.2012 - 08:39
लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 31.03.2012 at 07:07

All excellent propositions, though unit stat editing (which I think is what you're really talking about) is out of the question due to technical limitations.

no, as freeing as it would be I don't want to edit unit stats; there are plenty of pretty awesome scenarios that do it without taking away what makes this game fun.
I'm talking about being able to place, rename, and re-describe rare units (i.e. those found in cities if the option of "chance of finding rare units" is activated) maybe even allowing the player to create them in cities (although that's pushing it as well) granting the creator access to these units in scenario creation opens up a huge realm of possibilities while still holding true to the game mechanics.
लदान...
लदान...
13.05.2012 - 00:16
Maybe we should have an option here where it allows/disallows first turn attacks against other players.
----
"There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made."

-The Silmarillion
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये