Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 3   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 33 users
16.04.2011 - 11:37
 YOBA
You've been looking for a way to monetise Afterwind for a while, haven't you?

How about adding a donation button on the home page for those who already have every upgrade--which I assume to be at least 95% of your player base?

I understand donations do not pull a great many people in and often little money from those that are pulled in, but it is still important that you make some money for your great work and an additional yet harmless way of making money from the game would be nice.

Just add a Flattr (or something) button in a clearly visible position on the home page--that is, not at the bottom of the page--for accepting donations.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 11:55
लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 16.04.2011 at 11:37

How about adding a donation button on the home page for those who already have every upgrade--which I assume to be at least 95% of your player base?

I understand donations do not pull a great many people in and often little money from those that are pulled in, but it is still important that you make some money for your great work and an additional yet harmless way of making money from the game would be nice.

Just add a Flattr (or something) button in a clearly visible position on the home page--that is, not at the bottom of the page--for accepting donations.

What are you calling upgrades anyway? If you mean things like lift the fog, affordable recon and stuff I'm pretty sure that less then 5 players, or even nobody, has all of them.

By the way, there was already a donation link in the homepage, but I think Ivan already said in another thread that donations doesn't 'fit' with the game since the beta is over. But I agree with you in one point> beta testers should have a way to spend some money on AfterWind too.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 12:57
लिखा द्वारा Pinheiro, 16.04.2011 at 11:55

लिखा द्वारा YOBA, 16.04.2011 at 11:37

What are you calling upgrades anyway? If you mean things like lift the fog, affordable recon and stuff I'm pretty sure that less then 5 players, or even nobody, has all of them.

By the way, there was already a donation link in the homepage, but I think Ivan already said in another thread that donations doesn't 'fit' with the game since the beta is over. But I agree with you in one point> beta testers should have a way to spend some money on AfterWind too.

The buyable upgrades (packages) he means... I would support the original idea too.
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये