Get Premium to hide all ads
लेखो: 18   द्वारा देखा गया है .: 46 users
15.04.2011 - 21:11
 Rawk
1) The slider can be cumbersome and slow at times. The ability to select a single unit for defense lines, etc would be appreciated.
Somewhat related, adding a button on each unit group in a stack to board the transports. Currently, I have to use the slider to select the proper amount, and that can also feel clunky. (Instead of buttons, a text field to input any number of selections would be even better!)

2) When a player makes a settings change proposal, many players don't even notice (or don't care), and click close. Requiring a player to accept or decline the changes proposed would be beneficial to all, I believe.

3) This is the biggest one, and probably the one that won't fly. I strongly dislike 2 minute games, I prefer to drink my coffee and enjoy a relaxing, slow paced game, chatting with players and having fun. If I start a game with a 2 minute timer and then propose 3 minutes after some weeks, no one accepts and I usually leave the game. If I start a game with a 10 minute timer, no one seems to remember to click end turn when they're done.

I propose a dynamic turn timer. After so many turns, an extra minute would be automatically added. The details of this can be worked out, but that's the basic idea. Add it to game options, or however it could best be implemented.
Perhaps just a checkbox: "Add X time after Y turns"
Someone mentioned this in a game I was in, so I figured I might as well put it on the fourm.

Thanks for the great game! If all of these have been brought up before, feel free to delete thread.
लदान...
लदान...
15.04.2011 - 22:18
I like! The dynamic turn timer really caught my eye, although the proposals have been mentioned before.
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 00:25
Whether these sudgestions are easy or not im not sure but 1 and 3 would be nice. 2 is impratical just wastes time if you want people to vote u got have a discussion first.
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 01:01
I hope number 3 is never implemented, either play or drink your coffee. 2 min turns are fine in most maps, you might need 3 minutes in eurasia and africa and bigger with specific strategies that need much micro.
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 03:40
Please. If you don't want to play 2 minute turns, you man up and don't join 2-min turn games. there is NOTHING I fond more annoying than people who want to change turn time midway through a game.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 04:01
1) Good idea, also, if keyboard hotkeys come out, you could just type the number of units you want moved, if you type more than you have it produces more units
jk, it just picks up your whole stack haha. (lolololol imagine 100 afterwinds.)

2) No, that would be annoying, speak with people in game for there vote, if they all propose the same change in game settings, a vote won't even be needed, it will change next turn.

3) Toughen up dude, if you don't like it and ask for a vote, don't rage quit when someone doesn't agree because they chose the game settings and intend for it to be played that way.
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 05:21
I think That the timer does need work. though your idea would slow the game down considerably. Maybe alowing a 20second extention button on the bottom by the end turn button you can only use maybe every 10 turns or so that adds another use after so many turns would work here
Example: first 10 turns go by you get 1 and dont use it then another 10 go buy and now your finding you need more time. so now you have 2 turns where you can extend YOUR turn only by 20 seconds.
----
Where's the BEEF!
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 07:55
1. What about "scrolling" (Mouse scrollwheel) to select 1 unit at a time? Might be useful.
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 09:25
 Amok (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा Rawk, 15.04.2011 at 21:11

1) The slider can be cumbersome and slow at times. The ability to select a single unit for defense lines, etc would be appreciated.

You can already do this by clicking on the numbers next to the slider.
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 10:25
 Rawk
लिखा द्वारा Amok, 16.04.2011 at 09:25

Oh, thanks. That's a help!
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 11:06
लिखा द्वारा Amok, 16.04.2011 at 09:25

लिखा द्वारा Rawk, 15.04.2011 at 21:11

Has it always been like that? I just discovered...wonder how many other hidden gems there are.
लदान...
लदान...
16.04.2011 - 11:17
 Amok (प्रशासन)
लिखा द्वारा Guest14502, 16.04.2011 at 11:06

Has it always been like that? I just discovered...wonder how many other hidden gems there are.

It's been like this almost from the beginning . There are other things, like clicking and holding the +/- buttons when buying units, or clicking on the unit icon in the city menu to move all units of that type.
लदान...
लदान...
17.04.2011 - 10:18
I just want a way to move air and land units the same time not two different moves..... this is critical when playing an advance player
लदान...
लदान...
17.04.2011 - 11:23
लिखा द्वारा MarcJr, 17.04.2011 at 10:18

I just want a way to move air and land units the same time not two different moves..... this is critical when playing an advance player

like you?
----
लदान...
लदान...
17.04.2011 - 12:06
I came in to say clicking the numbers increases by one, can't believe people played without knowing about it.
लदान...
लदान...
17.04.2011 - 15:20
Back to those with issues with number 3, I belive the clock idea is ment to be a pregame option. He isnt sudgesting that all games should be like this.
लदान...
लदान...
18.04.2011 - 09:04
लिखा द्वारा Psychostick, 17.04.2011 at 11:23

लिखा द्वारा MarcJr, 17.04.2011 at 10:18

like you?

do you consider myself as an advance player?
लदान...
लदान...
18.04.2011 - 09:50
अवतरण:
अवतरण:

do you consider myself as an advance player?

I'd hope anyone over level 6 is an advanced player....
----
Bow down before the mathmagician
लदान...
लदान...
हमारे साथ शामिल हों

प्रचार कीजिये